Monday, November 1, 2010

About

Hi.

This blog is a report of my progress establishing an analytics practice at my work. I manage a team that runs the online sales department of a wholesale liquidator.

I will be focusing on eBay data.

Moreso, I am learning SAS. So if you’re a SASpert this will all be quite boring for you I’m sure.


Who is this blog for?



Anyone in the tip-of-the-tail with me who is at once into SAS and eBay. For whom would such seller-side analytics be useful, especially when we’re talking about establishing a practice by scratch? Well, I’m not sure if this is a scalable project, but given that its free education, it’s actually a steal of a deal.

(Yes, there’s a real possibility of being good enough to sell eBay analytic services to the big guys. But something about joining the scads of 3rd party eBay mollusks is unsettling, especially as Amazon continues to take over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment